Friday, April 16, 2010

A Brave New World Part II

In class Thursday we discussed the second portion of the book. One question we talked about was "Is it better to have true knowledge of the way of the 'world' around you works, or is it better to remain ignorant?" If I was living in their society and had the choice I would want to be aware of what was really going on instead of being oblivious. Even if people wouldn't like the truth, they should still have the right to know. The people in the book have no choice and are completely ignorant of what they do to people. Keeping people ignorant allows them to control everyone without any objection. Sometimes it's true that what people know won't hurt them, but in this case they are completely taking away everyone's freedom.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your post. I feel as though I waould want to know the truth also instead of not knowing anyone thats going on around me. In the book the people dont know anything besides the caste system that they are in or the job thay they are working. I don't believe that it's fair to limits someone rights to choose.

    ReplyDelete