Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Dumbest Generation

Although I agreed with some points made by Dr. Mark Bauerlein, I feel that our generation is not really as dumb as he makes it out to be. Yes, it is true that we could be doing something more educational than using social networking sites, but it doesn't mean that that we never do educational things. With all of the technology and resources available to us, I feel that we are actually more intelligent than some people in the past. However, it is true that we could take better advantage of everything we have. In our group we discussed the generations below us and what it will be like for them. We personally don't feel like the dumbest generation, but I can definitely see kids in the future being even more dumbed down than Bauerlein feels we are.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that we're not the dumbest generation and also with the fact that because we have more sources of technology, we may be smarter than some in someways. I think sometimes we abuse the sources we have however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your points. We could use our time more wisely and not be on facebook for hours at a time. What do you think the future generation's "dumbness" will result from. Do you think it is due to technology or like we discussed in class, our educators?

    ReplyDelete